At the beginning of this year, my husband Garrett and I sat down and seriously talked about our goals. They weren’t so much New Years Resolutions, but more a laundry list of things we’d like to do , this year, and in our lives. Some goals needed immediate attention, while others went into the “someday” category. One of my personal/business goals was to start blogging again.
It’s been about a year since I’ve had a blog. It was a good hiatus (a life-changingly good year off). In my year off I got married (to my best friend), travelled to London for the first time (for our honeymoon), shot a wedding in Hawaii, built my business in the Seattle area, and thoroughly enjoyed it all. It’s been wonderful. And, now I am ready to blog again. Ready to write, and ready to share my work (and my thoughts on it).
My general feeling about goals is that they are more powerful when they are stated, and that power increases with ever person you share them with. So, I would like to start this blog by sharing my goals with you! Be prepared, these are widely ranging from seemingly trivial, to life changing events. It really runs the gamut here…
- go to a live music show once a month (this month we saw Allen Stone at The Neptune, and it was amazingly fun).
- visit the local art museum
- date night with my husband once a week
- go to the symphony
- work out 3-4 times a week
- take 6 hikes
- start blogging
- drink at least 4 cups of water a day
- keep a food journal
- travel to new york city
- go over our budget quarterly
- donate to kexp
- take a day trip to the mountains
- get an iPad
- spend a weekend in vancouver
- visit jen in dc (and meet her beautiful babies!)
- cook more
- read 12 novels
- read 4 business related books
- keep my car clean
- take at least 2 professional development classes or webinars
THE SOMEDAY LIST
- travel to Napa Valley for wine tours and dinner at The French Laundry
- own a house
- visit Turkey and sail the blue coast
- take a trip to France & Italy
- have 2 children
- go to Disneyland with Garrett
- avoid buying a minivan
- take an intense cooking class
- go to Tokyo
Well, there you have it! One goal accomplished, and many more to set my sights on!
What are your goals for this year? Or, for someday? I’d love to hear some or all of them!
photo credit Lonnie Webb